Chocolate Cream Pie Pops — Love, Cake
Written by admin on September 25, 2020
Chocolate Cream Pie Pops
I recommend eating these from the bottom up. Mmm.
1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
1 cups whole milk
3 large egg yolks
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (about 1 cup)
15 chocolate wafers, crushed into crumbs
1. Set a fine-mesh sieve over a large liquid measuring cup (for easy pouring). Have ready ten 3-ounce ice pop molds and 10 ice pop sticks.
2. In a medium bowl, whip 1/2 cup of the cream and the confectioners’ sugar to soft peaks. (It needs to be thick but still pourable.) Divide the cream between the 10 molds. Freeze until firm, at least 1 hours.
3. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the remaining 1 cup cream, milk, yolks, sugar, cocoa, and salt and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until just thick enough to coat back of a spoon, 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Strain the mixture into the measuring cup, add the chocolate, and let it stand for 5 minutes. Whisk to incorporate the melted chocolate. Let the pudding cool to room temperature, whisking occasionally, about 1 hour. Fill the 10 molds, leaving about 1inch at the top.
5. Divide the crumbs between the 10 molds. Use a popsicle stick to push the crumbs into the pudding a bit. (They need something to freeze to.) Cover the molds, add sticks, and freeze, until firm, at least 12 hours.
This content was originally published here.